Saturday, October 24, 2015

October Tim Tag


Well, if you read my last post, I got my table all cleaned off, and I was ready for my play date with Grace & Mercedes.  We decided to work on the October tag by Tim Holtz.  This is his version ...


As you can see, we strayed quite a bit from Tim's tag.  lol

You can see Tim's process of creation here, complete with full instructions and step out photos.  I didn't have the zombie die, and I usually don't like to make holiday themed tags anyway.  I've had the Bird Crazy stamp sets, and the bird dies for a while now, and I was excited to finally get to play with them!  What a ball we had!


We decided to create our own backgrounds on watercolor paper instead of using scrapbook paper.  We wanted to have our birds stand out on their own without the distraction of a patterned paper.  Since Grace hasn't been able to play in a while, and Mercedes is new to stamping and creating tags, we went to Richele Christensen's blog for some inspiration.  She has a post for some cards she created for Tim using the Bird Crazy and Accessories stamps, and the dies.  You can see the post here.  You gotta go check them out!

I decided to use this saying from Tim's Small Talk, and I cut it apart and added some bling.


I also added some Stampendous Silver Crushed Glass Glitter behind the little guy.  Couldn't help myself!

I added some Clear Wink of Stella on the ties, along with a little bling on the bowtie (thanks for the idea Mercedes!)


I finally got to use some of this gorgeous ribbon I scored at the last Create event we had here in New Jersey.  So sad they're not doing it anymore.  :-(


Here's Grace & Mercedes with their tags.  Grace went with a birthday theme, and Mercedes did Halloween.


Here's a better look at Grace's tag.  Love the background!


I didn't get a close up pic of Mercedes' tag, so I enlarged the one from above.  She did a fabulous job!  This was only her 2nd Tim Tag!  I think she's a natural at watercoloring!  And, it was her idea to add some bling to the bowtie and her witches hat.  So cute!  Can't wait for our next get together!


Mercedes read this post and was nice enough to take a pic of her tag and send it to me so I could add it to this post.  Her background is awesome, and her birds came out so cute!  You'd never know it was her first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment