Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Beautiful Flowers


Had a play date with my friend, Mercedes, last night.  We were inspired by the card below from Pinterest, created by Lin from the Sending Hugs blog.  We used the Designer Flowers stamps & dies by Simon Says Stamp.  I have the Wishing & Sending dies by SSS, but we had a little trouble finding words in my collection of stamps that would go with them.  Guess I'm going to have to head over to the SSS website and order their companion stamp set!  (Like I need more stamps!  haha)  The "friend" die is from Simon Says Stamp, and the small word stamps are from the Amazing to Zany set by Stampin' Up!  The background embossing folder is Stampin' Up!'s Perfect Polka Dots, and I used Silver Lining Nuvo Crystal Drops in the center of each flower.


We got a little carried away while making our flowers.  We started out using white embossing powder on a few different types of cardstock:  Stampin' Up! shimmery white, cardstock vellum, cardstock vellum with Blue Sky Archival Ink by Wendy Vecchi on back, and blue tissue paper recycled from a gift bag I received.



We then moved onto watercolor paper using black embossing powder and painting with Stampin' Up! watercolor crayons.  This was inspired by another Pinterest card (a post for another day), but I soon went back to the white embossing powder on the wc paper.  Since there were two of us playing, we had to take turns stamping, melting the powder, and die cutting the flowers, so that took up most of our evening.

I really want to be playing more now instead of writing this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment