Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Chicago: Ministry of Mixology

 
I'm excited to finally get two of my projects on the wall from the Chicago Ministry of Mixology event in October with Andy Skinner and Tracy Weinzapfel.  Love, love, love them! 

 
As many of you know, I'm an ink girl, and paints are a relatively new medium for me.  I've taken classes with Seth Apter, Sue Pellitier, Jodi Ohl, and some Paint Nite events, to name a few.  I love the freedom of adding layers of color! 
 
 
I love the background of this piece, even tho it's not quite the caliber of Seth Apter color layers, but I'm very happy with it.

 
This piece was taught by Tracy.  Who knew I'd be able to paint around those flowers with a paintbrush, and do those fine details?!  Certainly not me!  Thanks Tracy for giving me the little extra attention I needed to boost my confidence!
 


1 comment: