Friday, December 18, 2015

Fabulous Techniques Class!


Just a recap here on how the Techniques Class went.  Can you say fabulous?  We began with the Friendship Lady card (pictures of the class samples in this post here), and I thought it would be fun to offer different options of stamps and the full line of Tim Holtz Distress Inks so everyone could let their creativity hang out.  The card above is the one I made while teaching the technique, and I used the lips stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #5 set.


Michelle didn't want her picture on the blog because she had no make-up on.  Her card is on the right.  She liked everything about my sample, so she used the same stamp & colors.

Maureen is on the left, and she used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Travel Labels set with pinks & purples.  Very cool.


Here's our very talented newbie, Mercedes.  She used the eye stamp from the same Classic #5 set I used with pastel colors.  Beautful!


And, finally, here's my dear friend, Denise.  She's actually been coming to my classes since 2003!  She's usually a perfectionist when it comes to her card making, and I was very proud of her "embracing her imperfections".  Awesome job!


This card we mixed it up a little bit too, because everyone wanted to use different words (sorry, forgot to take pics of their cards).

At my classes, everyone usually "has to do like teacher", and they want their cards to look exactly like mine.  They make me giggle when they ask permission if they can stray the tiniest bit from my design.  I think everyone got much more out of this class because they let their creativity soar a little.  I love seeing everyone's interpretations of my designs!

3 comments:

  1. love those vibrant colors - thanks for joining us at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Stephanie! wow, these are gorgeous...luv the last card...my colors...teehehehe...merry christmas! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those lips! Great colorful creations - glad you all had so much fun. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete