Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Nuvo Embellishment Mousse


This past weekend was my favorite event of the year, Stamp & Scrapbook Expo 2017 in Edison, NJ.  Always so much fun!  Classes, shopping, cropping, meeting up with old friends, making new friends, swapping buttons, more shopping, etc.  lol

I've been so inspired after seeing new products, samples, demos, and taking classes.  One of the things I wanted to play with are my Nuvo Embellishments Mousse(es?).

I only have the Indian Gold, Pure Platinum, and Fresh Copper.  I ordered some of the beautiful colors today, so I printed out the color chart (thanks Vicky Papaioannou for a great YouTube video and the downloadable chart!).  While creating my chart, I realized the color names are not only on the bottom, but they're teeny-tiny!  So, out came my trusty Brother P-Touch Label Maker!


Much better!

I began with some Stampin' Up! Basic Black card stock, and created my background using 3 different daubers.  I went back & forth with each color adding layers and blending.


Next came Tim Holtz's Riveted Metal embossing folder.


I took a deep breath and added some Black Soot Distress Paint all over, covering the entire piece.


I quickly wiped it all off with my Ikea dishtowel.


I really had to use some elbow grease because the paint starting drying.


I thought this needed something mechanical looking, so I dug out my Lots of Bots stamp set from Stampin' Up!  This set is sooo cute!  An oldie but goodie!


I watercolored the image with Distress Inks, and was pretty happy with myself on how it turned out.

Here's the cute inside ...


And the back ...


Thanks for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. That background is fabulous!!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog, Stephanie!!! I'd love to send you that card if you'd like to email me your address. My email is in the side bar of my blog.

    ReplyDelete